The future of hedge funds.
Polycoin Capital is shifting the status quo of asset management to a more decentralized, transparent, data-driven approach. Our algorithmic trading strategies capitalize on market indicators and arbitrage opportunities to maximize returns, while our decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) allows portfolio managers and investors to vote on investments, ownership shares, amendments to the payout structure. Since our fund is held on the Melon blockchain, any investor in any country can easily invest in our portfolio–the same applies to our DAO.
- Did you know that 80% of stock market transactions use high frequency traders?
- Polycoin Capital aims to exploit this opportunity by leveraging proprietary algorithmic strategies that are supported by our ML models.
- The intersection of software and finance is distrupting our economy, resulting in a sky-high demand for developers at finance companies.
- Polycoin Capital provides the most cutting edge, hands-on experience currently available to Cal Poly students.
- The #1 hard skill that companies need most in 2020 is Blockchain (according to LinkedIn).
- Polycoin Capital’s decentralized asset management protocol gives members a learn by doing experience with this disruptive technology.
Students, faculty, & industry professionals
Looking to Learn by Distrupting?
Why Invest in Digital Currency?
The combination of security, transparency, and provable scarcity offered by cryptocurrencies has created a generational investment opportunity. Cryptocurrencies are one of the few assets whose market cap has gone parabolic on a logarithmic scale, multiple times, and recovered higher each time. Historically, cryptocurrencies have also been uncorrelated from traditional markets. No matter what the portfolio allocation, digital currencies can be immune to the vicissitudes of traditional stock investments and the equity markets, and thus can be used to hedge against traditional investments.
Meet the Team
Our founders are passionate about creating a more transparent asset management system of the future. The team is interested in the intersection of finance and technology with experience developing dapps, manufacturing hard wallets, and investing.
Subscribe For Updates
Years of experience
Want In? Request Membership Today.
Polycoin Capital aims to bring together Cal Poly’s brightest students. We are looking for top-performing finance, software engineering, computer science, and math students with a strong passion for financial markets and blockchain.
What is Blockchain?
In simple terms, a blockchain is a shared, distributed, and immutable ledger that facilitates the process of recording transactions and tracking assets. The assets can be tangible, such as automobile parts, or intangible, such as intellectual property like patents or the so called cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ether.